August Fitness Update - Sensible Stylista

August Fitness Update

Sorry guys, I haven't done a fitness update in forever because things have been really crazy.  Honestly, I'm a little overwhelmed.  I have SO much coming up this fall - I'm trying to prep for it all, but it's driving me a bit cray.  I've been working 16-17 hour days - practicing piano a sh*t ton, studying for comp exams, blogging, and so on and so forth.  There's so much I want to do, but obviously, there are only so many hours in a day.  

I was actually doing well on the whole workout front until I got really sick last week.  For those of you keeping up with my snapchats (my username's @sensiblestylist BTW) and tweets, you know I've been really into t25 as of late.  I finished week 2 but then had serious issues with my stomach so I had to take time off.  I had to go get an endoscopy and everything because I kept getting awful stomachaches and felt this weird lump in my throat.  Luckily,  it wasn't anything too serious.  However, I did have to make major changes to my diet.  No more coffee, alcohol, milk or spicy foods.  Ugh.  I used to live on coffee (5-7 cups a day), and I loved eating burn-a-hole-in-my-stomach-hot foods *le sigh* health comes first!  It's better than feeling like garbage so I'll suck it up and find healthier dishes I enjoy.  I know, I know.  I'm forever the optimist!

Anywho, since I had to take a week off, I decided to start the whole series over again.  I'm such a huge fan of Shaun T.  His workouts are always fun and effective.  I did Ab Intervals today, and I literally cried, ha.  If you're unfamiliar with the program, it's 15 weeks long with the following levels: alpha, beta, and gamma.  The set comes with 16 different modules, and each workout is only 25 minutes long.  However, he doubles up on you on Fridays so you have one 50 min. sesh each week.

I'm "modeling" my current fave workout garb courtesy of Public Myth today on SS.  I'm seriously obsessed with their activewear - think Lulu Lemon except hotter.  When I first saw the mesh detailing, I immediately thought, "shit, I hope this is comfortable."  I lucked out because it totally was.  Who would've thought right?
BTW, I obviously didn't work out before taking these.  I wore my hair down and did my make-up because I wanted to look purdy for you all, ha! Shooting activewear's really tough, especially when your body still has a long way to go!  If this was a post-gym shot, my hair would be in a messy pony, and I'd be dripping with sweat.  Hey, you gotta sweat like a pig if you wanna look like a fox *rawr*

Let's take a closer look at my pants!  The mesh paneling is on point.  Oh, and before I forget, these pants are available HERE, and my sports bra is available HERE for those of you interested.  FYI: they offer free shipping on orders $200+.
Baring my midriff for you guys.  I took a shot for you all so you could see my bra clearly.  I always wear an oversized tank on top because I'm self conscious of my tummy & back when I'm working out!  It's my goal to eliminate jiggle and eventually exercise sans tank.  I definitely still have a long way to go, and I'm ok with that! I'm doing the best that I can, and that's what matters.  Remember, it's about progress, not perfection!

I was in the best shape of my life when I was in NYC (2009-2011).  I ate so clean - and I mean I ate clean, I didn't do any of that starvation bullshit - and worked out at least 1.5 hours a day!  I was 103 lbs of lean muscle, and I remember thinking, "damn, if I could get rid of my back and arm fat, I'd be so happy."  Now I'm 120 lbs, and I just want to get back to where I was, ha!  Funny how that all works.  I don't really care about my weight though.  I just want to be healthy - eff the scale!  I want to run with ease and crank push-ups out like a boss.  I'll get there, slowly but surely!  
On top of my t25 workouts, I've been supplementing with cardio 3x a week.  I'll either run for 20 minutes on the treadmill or do jump rope for 15.  I don't know about you guys, but I think running's a lot easier in comparison.  There are a ton of different workouts available on pinterest if you're interested!  I simply set a timer and go.  I use a TKO rope because it has a soft rubber coated grip.  It's 9 feet long and is made of solid vinyl.  It's currently on sale HERE at Macy's for $14.99 (originally $30).  They also sell exercise mats, push up bars, ab wheels, and more.
While I'm at it, let me share my current workout list with you guys!  Here's what I'm currently jammin' to on my pod-pod - lots of Yellow Claw this month!  I can't believe I just discovered them. Their music is absolutely SICK!  I've listened to "Shotgun" at least 5 times already today, ha.  Oh, AND they're following me on twitter *swoons*  I'm super active on there so make sure you guys come find me - clicky HERE to tweet me!

7 comments

  1. you look amazing, you really do not need to work out-paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit for training!
    Kiss kiss ♥
    You are invited to visit my blog http://trendytips-trendygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - @nylonlover69 on IG/TwitterAugust 17, 2015 at 10:32 AM

    Gawd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an incredibly sexy gym outfit - love the mesh! Hope you find something tasty in that new diet! Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to here that everything is alright :) And I'm sure you'll find your way in that new diet, it's just hard in the beginning but once you get used to it, you never wanna go back to your old eating habits. And you look amazing! I wish you good luck with your training! :) Love! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete