Workwear Wednesday: The Collared A-line Dress - Sensible Stylista

Workwear Wednesday: The Collared A-line Dress

I am officially obsessed with Betsey Johnson.  I was a huge fan of her designs when I was younger, but I stopped shopping at her store because it was totally out of my budget.  I was in high-school so yeah, I was perpetually broke...which actually kind of sounds like my life right now, ha!  In all seriousness, I found her line to be a bit much (borderline tacky) at one point.  I don't know what I was thinking though because I pretty much love everything she sells now.  Confession:  I spent a good hour browsing her online store last night.  Thank god for sales!  I enjoy looking at full-priced items, but unless it's a designer bag or coat, I probably won't buy it.  

That brings me to *drum roll, please* my new dress!  Isn't it freakin' adorable?  The collar is accented with faux-pearls, and the three-quarter sleeves are cuffed.  The dress is made of a polyester/cotton/spandex blend so it has quite a bit of give.  It's an a-line dress so it flatters all body types (reinforcing tip 6 of my "9 Ways to Cover Muffin Top" article)!  I scored this gem for $56.99, which is still pricey, but a good deal considering it was $168 originally.  For those of you interested in this dress, you can still purchase it HERE for $55.99 + free shipping at Saks Off Fifth.  Oh, and FYI, I'm wearing a size 4.
Shop my look:

2 comments