March Beauty Favorites - Sensible Stylista

March Beauty Favorites


1.  L'oreal Pro Brow Kit ($14.99) -  This all-in-one brow kit is a godsend!  It contains pigmented wax, setting powder, tweezers, an angled brow brush and a spoolie - pretty much everything you need to primp your brows like a pro.  I start by tweezing stray hairs and then brushing them gently.  I then dip my brush into the wax to shape them and apply setting powder to fill in gaps (with the same brush).  I have fairly full brows so I can usually get away with whatever, but after using this kit, I can't do without it.  It's now an integral part of my everyday routine.  

For those of you wondering, my daily look is fairly simple - I literally take less than 5 minutes.  I slather on moisturizing sunscreen after washing my face and then use concealer to hide spots.  I do my signature cat-eye with liquid eyeliner and then quickly fill in my brows.  I then apply lipstick, gloss or whatever I'm in the mood for to finish off my look.

2.  It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara ($24) - I am head over heels in love with IT Cosmetics.  I seriously love everything they sell, and this product's no different.  Their new Superhero volumizing mascara is everything!  Infused with powerful proteins, strenghtening biotin, and Elastic Stretch Technology, it wraps each individual lash in a volume-boosting, lengthening and ultra-conditioning formula.  Start at the base of your lashes, wiggle and sweep up and through to the tips! If you want a custom lash look, layer away without fear.  I haven't experienced any clumping whatsoever so you guys should be good!

3.  L'oreal Pro Matte Gloss ($7.99) - Everyone seems to be obsessed with Kylie Jenner's matte Lip Kits, but I personally prefer L'oreal's glosses.  I like that her sets come with matching liners, but her products dry my lips out.  The Infallible line has a hydrating formula that keeps your pucker soft and smooth.  I especially love the funky applicator (aka the Petit Couer) - it helps you line your lips perfectly without effort!  I own, like, 9 different shades but my personal favorites are: Coral Sands, Blush and Shanghai Scarlet.  Note:  the product's technically supposed to last for 8 hours, but I think that's an overreach.  At best, it'll last you 3-4 so you'll definitely have to re-apply it throughout the day.  Also, if the shine bothers you, just blot some off - it'll leave a nice, deep tint.

4.  Chuda Healing Hydrating Cream ($150) - I'm sensible 95% off the time, but when it comes to skincare, I'm kind of a crazy person.  I'm not afraid to dish out moolah if it's for my face - natural remedies only though.  I don't have a problem with cosmetic surgery - if it makes you feel good, great - but it's just not for me.  

Chuda cream's formula is rooted in the centuries-old, skin-healing Remedea Compound, a 1000 year-old medicinal remedy created by the Turmanidze family in the early 1800s used in Russia and Georgia to heal skin.  It's also boosted by scientifically advanced, medical-grade actives clinically proven to deeply hydrate and rapidly heal dry, damaged and/or compromised skin. Created by Dr. Elena Ocher, a Georgian-born neurosurgeon, she believed it was something that could benefit more people so she teamed up with a world-renowned chemist to create this groundbreaking line.  With this cream, your skin's getting the optimal blend of antioxidants, vitamins and essential fatty acids. Safe for highly sensitive skin, use this product at night before you go to bed.

5.  Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Serum ($60) - I haven't used Elizabeth Arden in years, but after using this serum, I am a born-again fan.  This unique liquid contains caplet mini-beads that activate when dispensed.  It helps fight early signs of aging by reinforcing the skin's moisture barrier and reducing the appearance of fine lines.  I use this after applying toner and layer cream on top for max moisture.  Allow the product to dry in between!  You just have to wait a minute or so.  

6.  Exuviance Gentle Cleansing Creme ($32) - Thanks to Brandbacker, I got a chance to try this baby out!  I've been a huge fan of Exuviance for god knows how long so I was thrilled to say the least. This gentle, soap-free formulation was created for sensitive skin to dissolve make-up and impurities without altering the skin's natural moisture balance.  It provides anti-aging benefits without irritation and improves skin's texture.  Wet your hands and face and massage it on in an upward circular motion.  Tissue it off or rinse with warm water before patting it dry.  You can use it both in the AM & PM, and it works well with all skin types.  

2 comments