My Latest Bargain Buys from Banana Republic - Sensible Stylista

My Latest Bargain Buys from Banana Republic

Yay for cute office-friendly attire! I absolutely love wearing colorful dresses to work because they're fashionable yet comfy.  I picked this fabulous dress up at the Banana Republic Factory Outlet a few weeks ago while it was on sale for $7 (!!!) Yeah, I purchased it without thinking twice.  Oh how I love clearance racks! 

There were a ton of other adorable pieces up for sale, but they (very unfortunately) didn't suit me. Remember, don't just buy an item because it's a steal.  Make sure you're going to get proper wear out of it.  Try to style it at least three different ways in your head!  You don't want it to gather dust in the back of your closet just because it was "an affordable buy."
Anywho, for today's post, DCP New York and I went to Bryant Park to shoot.  He tried to get me to strut, but it took a couple of tries...
 ...because I kept on cracking up, ha!  Modeling's just like performing.  Movements and angles are like phrases + markings in music.  You have to really exaggerate 'em to "communicate" effectively.  I was literally throwing my arms here.
Other fabulous printed dresses:


I styled my dress with a matching vest (another bargain buy from BR) and accessorized with a chic pendant necklace.  My outfit's fairly bold, so I threw on nude heels to finish off my look!
Shop my look:


A closer look at my heels! I picked these babies up at Ann Taylor a few years ago.  I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely LOVE their shoes.  I own several pairs, but I always wait to purchase them during blowout sales - they're too expensive otherwise.  Where do you guys like to buy kicks?
Dress + Vest:   Banana Republic Factory || Shoes:  Ann Taylor || Necklace:  Talbots

4 comments

  1. Wow, the dress is stunning and its affordable too? That was definitely worth the purchase. The color is also eye-catching too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color palette.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give away all our secrets! haha. But I totally agree with you - modeling and/or posing is a performance of sorts. That is why I enjoy working with musicians. If they aren't as comfortable in front of the camera I try to channel their performance experience as a way of getting them to relax and ...perform! Great layout Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the print of the dress is so cool
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete