How YOU Can Give Back by Drinking Coffee - Sensible Stylista

How YOU Can Give Back by Drinking Coffee

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.  All opinions are mine alone. #OneTreeOneBag #CollectiveBias
I've always been a huge fan of Starbucks because they believe that they can - and should - have a positive impact on the communities they serve.  One person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.  Coffee is a total must for me, and I honestly couldn't do without it.  It brings me joy throughout the day.  
It even helps me get out of bed in the AM - my coffee maker has a timer so I get to wake up to the irresistible smell of it.  I'm not a morning person, but I force myself to rise early regardless.  I'm a firm believer in the motto, "there's no reward without sacrifice."  Intense, but what can I say? That's how I do!  I start my day off with coffee mixed with 2% milk and sip it slowly while catching up on the news.  Everyone should stay in the know - it's important to be aware of everything going on in the world, especially since things are crazy right now. Knowledge is power so arm yourself.
Then, I refill my mug and start blogging! I answer comments, respond to sponsors and readers, draft new posts, and so on and so forth.  I spend a good 4-5 hours working before moving to the piano to practice.  I have a bunch of concerts coming up in the summer so I've been putting in a good 6 hours or so each day.
Unfortunately, there's a huge threat looming over our precious cups o' joe: coffee rust.  It's affecting the lives of thousands of farmers across the world, and families who once had successful crops are experiencing difficulty providing for their children.  However, thanks to the current One Tree One Bag collaboration, over 15 million coffee trees have been donated to those impacted.
For every bag of Starbucks® 10-12z & 20z Ground or Whole Bean coffee purchased at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28, Starbucks® provides one disease-resistant coffee tree to a farmer in Mexico, Guatemala or El Salvador.  Starbucks will donate 70¢ to Conservation International for every bag of coffee sold at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28 to foster thriving coffee communities.  To learn more, visit conservation.org/onetree.
For every bag of Starbucks® 10-12z & 20z Ground or Whole Bean coffee purchased at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28, Starbucks® provides one disease-resistant coffee tree to a farmer in Mexico, Guatemala or El Salvador.  Starbucks® will donate 70¢ to Conservation International for every bag of coffee sold at participating Albertsons Company stores in the U.S. from May 1st through May 28 to foster thriving coffee communities.  To learn more, visit conservation.org/onetree.


I go through my Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast pretty quickly so I make Safeway runs often.  If you haven't tried this flavor yet, you need to STAT!  Go to your local Safeway and pick up a bag - you can find it in the middle of their coffee aisle!  It'll be easy to find because their setup is super organized - some stores even have special displays to celebrate the Starbucks campaign with Conservation International.  
Check out the special Starbucks "One Tree One Bag" commitment display in the coffee aisle!


184607-Sbux-RG-Buy-Plant-32ct-FS3.jpg
Pike Place is a registered trademark of The Pike Place Market PDA, used under license. © 2017 Starbucks Coffee Company. All rights reserved.

3 comments

  1. Did you spill coffee like a boss on your laptop, piano, and spotless piano score while writing this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot damn. You drank all those cups and played without baroquing a sweat? Nice to see you giving Bach to the community.

    ReplyDelete