Beauty Products that are Worth Your $$$...and the Ones that Aren't - Sensible Stylista

Beauty Products that are Worth Your $$$...and the Ones that Aren't

I know it's been forever since I posted anything non-fashiony, BUT that's going to change drastically this month! I'm planning on posting a ton of stuffs on food and beauty so make sure you guys keep your eyes peeled.  I've been trying a ton of new products so I'm really excited to update you on what's worth $$$ and what's so NOT. Here's what I can't get enough of...
Bioderma Hydrabio Makeup Remover (pricing varies depending on size):  I don't know why I waited so long to try this out!  I swear by Bioderma now, and I truly believe that there's nothing better out there in the market, at least for the time being.  This product will remove ALL your makeup within 2 minutes, and your skin will feel ridiculously fresh and clean. I "double wash," but a lot of people don't because they view it as a leave-on cleanser.  I seriously can't recommend this enough!  Rating: 5/5.

Origins Ginger Bar ($16):  I'm a body wash kind of girl, but this soap changes the game.  It smells like heaven, and it moisturizes like nobody's business.  Although pricy, the bar's huge so it'll last you forever!  I've been using mine for months now, and I seriously look forward to bathing with it every day, ha.  Rating: 5/5.

Garnier Moisture Bomb Sheet Masks ($3.99 at Ulta or 6 for $15 on Amazon):  If you're a fan of sheet masks, and let's be real, we all are - or should be, ha - you'll love, love, LOVE Garnier's new SkinActive mask line.  They sell for $3.99 a pop on the Ulta website, but you can get a bundle for a fraction of the price on Amazon here (6 for $15).  I haven't had a chance to try each kind, but I really liked the hydrating (pink packaging) and mattifying versions (green packaging).  They'll leave your skin glowing, and you don't have to rinse it off afterwards which is a bonus.  I personally like to use it at night post-shower, and I layer on heavy cream for max moisture, but if you decide to use it in the AM, slather on sunscreen on top before applying your makeup (if you use makeup that is).  Rating:  5/5.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes ($6.99 for 25 count): Obsessed with these towelettes.  I've been using one a night to remove my makeup, and it works like a charm!  After wiping off my foundation, I wet it with the Bioderma product mentioned above to thoroughly remove my eye makeup.  Rating:  4.5/5.

Bliss Body Butter in Grapefruit + Aloe, Maximum Moisture Cream ($29):  I've featured their body butter on here previously, but I gotta do it again because 1, it's a different scent and 2, it's just that good. For those of you who know me personally, you know that I have seriously dry hands (they're more like hooves), especially during the wintertime.  Well, this moisturizer has (very miraculously) cured the issue overnight - like, I'm not joking, my hands are smoother than a baby's bottom now.  I didn't have to wear socks on my hands or layer anything else on top.  I just rubbed a bit of this cream in, slept, and woke up with soft AF hands.  Do yourself a favor and grab a tube of this!  Grapefruit's perfect for summer, but if you prefer something else, there are a butt ton of other choices so go wild, frands. Rating: 6/5.  

Aveda Purifying Scalp Cleanser ($35):  Aveda can seriously do no wrong in my book, and this cleanser is no exception.  I have super long hair so it's especially important for me to take good care of my roots, and this product expertly balances sebum levels while exfoliating.  It's made with their own pure-fume aroma (featuring grapefruit, neroli, cypress + other blooms and plant essences), and it smells ah-maaaaa-zing.  A must for at-home spa nights, and although pricy, a little goes a long way so this will last you months!  Squeeze out a dime-size amount and massage it into your scalp for a truly luxe experience.  Use code LOVE to get 20% off + free shipping.  Rating: 4.5/5.

L'oreal Damage Erasing Balm ($6.99):  If you're looking for an affordable yet effective conditioner for your mane, definitely give this product a try.  For $6.99, you get an intensive product that repairs split ends and rehydrates!  It's not my fave hair mask of all time, but it gets the job done without breaking the bank.  Apply a nickel-sized amount to your ends after shampooing and leave it in for 10-15 minutes before rinsing - use 3x a week for best results (in my experience)!  If your hair's extra dry, you can use this daily.  Rating: 4/5.  


Urban Decay Meltdown Makeup Remover ($26):  As a longtime fan of all things Urban Decay, I was beyond STOKED to hear about this new makeup remover line.  Although the cleansing oil stick SOUNDS awesome, it simply doesn't work.  It's formulated to remove "even the most stubborn waterproof makeup," but it doesn't even remove my foundation (????)  It's a 3-phase product that's supposed to transform from balm to liquid oil to microfoam, but I didn't experience any of that, ha. Save your moolah and get the Bioderma remover I recommended above.  You're welcome in advance! Rating:  0/5.

Bliss Fabulips Sugar Scrub ($18):  I could buy a lot of stuffs with $18, several cups of coffee, a cute new dress, a mountain of junk food, a delish meal at my fave restaurant...but instead I purchased this sugar scrub, which ended up being a total fail.  I get dry lips often so I wanted to give this product a go, but unfortunately, all it did was give me a greasy pucker.  Does it exfoliate well? Nope, nope and nope.  My toothbrush does a wayyyy better job for sure, AND I don't need to re-wash my face afterwards.  I'm trying a different scrub later this month so I'll update you guys ASAP - hopefully I'll have a better experience with Glamglow.  Rating:  1/5. 

No comments